Thursday, April 4, 2019

D is for Duck, C is for Cherry

For the benefit of first timers: For this years challenge I've given myself a personal improvement project of doing a 30 minute digital 'speed' paint each day.  My goal is 2 fold: to become a faster digital painter and to figure out a way to paint that doesn't look digital.  I can paint digitally; and pretty well; but it has the LOOK of a digital painting, so I'm trying to improve on that.

Yesterday was a day where I spent the entire day working on a project for a gallery show I'll have this summer.  So today I split the difference and spent 15-20 minutes on each letter.
I painted a cherry and a duck.  And I  hate both of them.
I've been trying a more 'painterly' approach; and it is NOT working for me.  My best post in the last 4 days has easily been my first; but that is because I wasn't painting; just drawing.  I hate how the digital paintings I'm producing look like they were painted by a much less experience artist.  I have to keep reminding myself you have to start somewhere.

Anyway... here they are.

Any suggestions for E?



 so... yea...
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment