Monday, April 1, 2019

A is for...Aardvark

I had such plans for this challenge!! However life is what it is and I never was able to sit down and figure out a subject for my whole blog. 
And so; because of the fact that things are getting CRAZIER for me and not easier I'm going with a pretty simple challenge this year:
Increase my drawing/painting speed.  I figure if I'm going to do this challenge I might as well throw in some self improvement for good measure, right? :D
SO for each day- I'm just going to pick a random noun that starts with the letter of the day and do a 30 minute 'speed painting/drawing' of it. 
Today I did not spend 30 minutes, I only spent about 15 minutes on today's drawing.  I would spend more time BUT I've had another painting project that has taken priority; so this is what we get today.

If you have an idea for something for me to draw that starts with B leave it in the comments!! I look forward to visiting all of your blogs and seeing your themes in action!

Alicia Hawks

4 comments:

  1. Hi Alicia...improving your speed drawing is a great challenge. Good drawing of the Aardvark, and one that you can come back to when time allows. Years ago, I was in a speed figure drawing class. It taught me a lot about getting in the basics and was great for eye to hand study. Nice beginning for the challenge.
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to find a class like that locally; my figure drawing skill have been badly neglected...
      Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  2. Wow, your are talented! 15 minutes?? This drawing is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D It's been a long road with lots of practice, but I think it has paid off. :D
      Thanks for coming by!

      Delete