Tuesday, April 2, 2019

B is for Beacon

 I'm not thrilled with tonight's entry... I actually tried painting instead of doing a quick drawing.  I'm MUCH better at drawing then painting... and that shows... eeek.

Once again- I'm doing all of the art this month digitally; because that is what I need to improve.  I used the app Procreate on the iPad pro. 

I totally hate this one and probably won't promote it to much... guess you have to start somewhere? 

I'm trying to find a good way to paint digitally.  I can paint digitally and quite well; but it has the obvious thumbprint of being a digital drawing/painting.  Despite my attempts to attack this differently and use a variety of brushes; this one still looks very... digital. 

So this is what I came up with today... I think I need to do some more research...

Well tomorrow is the letter C! so if you have an idea throw it in the comments below; I'd be happy to draw a request.  Keep in mind these will be 30 minute speed paintings; so they will not be very polished (at least not at first)

Thanks for visiting!
Alicia

7 comments:

  1. Hello Alicia.
    Popped over from the A to Z challenge to say hi.
    I know what you mean about digital drawing, I have the same problem. I do a lot of drawings for my work, I'm a carpenter, but I do almost all of them with a pencil and paper. The problem with that is I don't have a scanner so it becomes a bit iffy when posting drawings to the net.
    Oh well, this too shall pass.
    Blessings from Geoff in Johannesburg South Africa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is frustrating, especially when so many clients want digital art/drawings. I had a professor that just said it was 'pencil mileage' so I've been trying to put on a lot of mileage on my digital pencils lol

      Delete
  2. The thing I notice first is how cool and steely the lighthouse itself looks. I love that. I know in critiquing your own art, it's sometimes hard to see some of the very cool things. Glad I found you through the A to Z Challenge!

    As for C words ... What about camp? Or cup? Or Craziness?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your input! I feel bad I didn't see this yesterday- your suggestions are a lot of fun. It was just one of those days I didn't get to the computer at all.

      Delete
    2. I meant to say this in the other comment, but a kid came in and started chatting at me.
      it is really hard to see the positive in your work; especially when you have a specific goal or vision in mind. So I appreciate very much you pointing out what is working in the painting. :D

      Delete