Wednesday, April 16, 2014

N is for Nicoletta Ceccoli

Warning- this artist does some weird things.  Could be interpreted as offensive in some instances.

I discovered Nicoletta Ceccoli when my son picked out a book from the library.  Here is the Amazon link to that book.  I'm sharing that link mostly because it allows you to see some of the incredible art within the book.  The art is so incredibly imaginative I fell in love with it at once.

Her website if full of a lot of her personal work- and like I said- some of it is really strange- but strange in a beautiful way.  She tends to paint these highly rendered portraits of little girls with abnormally huge heads and petite bodies.   Even though much of it is rather strange it is just so beautiful.





I hope you enjoy her work! Go check out her website www.nicolettaceccoli.com/ to see more of it- also she has all of the books she's illustrated listed on the site.

No personal sketch today because I really don't want to fight with my scanner right now.

~Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment