Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A is for.... ART

Ok- so I'm starting this really last minute.  I've got to back up a little...
So- I've been threatening to start a new blog for my art for awhile now and I haven't been able to find make the time to do so.  Well my sister in law just started this challenge for April and I decided to look into it- and low and behold; it is kinda cool.
With finals looming I've decided to do a daily blog post going from A to Z for the month of April.  For those who have never heard of the challenge their is a link on my side bar that will take you to the main page so you can read about it.

I've decided to tackle this challenge with an artist and a sketch reflecting that artist each day- assuming I can find an artist I like that starts with that letter.  If I cannot or do not have time to research an artist I'll just post a sketch.  Which is what I'm going to do today... since it is nearly midnight and I'm just now sitting down to write out this blog post.  So I'm being lame today and just using 'ART' as my entry.  Since that is what this blog in general (beyond the challenge) will be about... well I figure that it's a safe place to start.  Tomorrow I'll be more prepared and less last minute.

Also- here is my sketch for the day- it's actually an older one (a month old) taken from my figure studies sketchbook.

Until tomorrow! (also I promise this will not be as disjointed tomorrow as it was today!)
~Alicia

6 comments:

  1. You are a fantastic artist! I would sell body parts to be half that good.
    I'm visiting from the A to Z challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your link on A to Z --- Good luck. Wow. This is a sweet sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sketch, it would be interesting to see this developed into a finished piece. I also love your idea of posting a piece of art each day from different artists. I'll be checking back during the rest of the A-Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent beginning! I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- I wasn't expecting anyone to find my blog on the list with as late as I joined!! Thank you so much for all of your kind words and encouragement. I hope you are able to come back!
    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can’t believe focusing long enough to research; much less write this kind of article. You’ve outdone yourself with this material without a doubt. It is one of the greatest contents. battle axe

    ReplyDelete