Thursday, April 3, 2014

C is for Chhuy-ing

The illustrator I chose for today is Chhuy-ing.  This woman is INCREDIBLY talented- I can only imagine how hard she has worked to obtain the level of skill that she has.  (below is some of her art I took from her blog)


One of the things that I love about her is that she doesn't have just one 'style'- sure you can tell that the pictures that she has drawn are by her- but they look so different one to the next that it is hard to say that she draws all eyes or all figures in a certain way- instead she draws very much to fit whatever it is she is working on.  I highly recommend checking out her blog.

So when I went to do my sketch based off her style I had a bit of difficulty- since she does so many things I kind of just looked through her gallery and her blog and drew something based off of how I felt afterwards.  I used this photo from pinterest as reference; it was surprisingly difficult- what made a good photo did not necessarily make a good drawing- so I stylized and changed little things to make it look better as a drawing.

I inked the sketch tonight because my scanner seems to have difficulty picking up the pencil and I haven't really liked the scans from the last two days.


Good night all;
~Alicia

4 comments:

  1. I'm really loving the sketches! For coming in last minute you've done well, and I'm sure you'll be able to finish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! :) Good luck with A-Z! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! Very cool. You are right Chhyu-ing is an amazing artist. Thanks for sharing!
    Shawn from Laughing at Life 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the heart sunglasses illustration. Has a starlet vibe to it, but from an earlier era.

    Sweetbearies Art Projects

    Sweetbearies Art Photography

    ReplyDelete