Wednesday, April 15, 2015

M is for Moth

No drawing tonight; I just didn't find the time.  So I'll put up 2 tomorrow.   Here is the poem I selected:


The Moth

    By Walter De La Mare


    Isled in the midnight air,
    Musked with the dark's faint bloom,
    Out into glooming and secret haunts
        The flame cries, 'Come!'

    Lovely in dye and fan,
    A-tremble in shimmering grace,
    A moth from her winter swoon
        Uplifts her face:

    Stares from her glamorous eyes;
    Wafts her on plumes like mist;
    In ecstasy swirls and sways
        To her strange tryst.

I have a struggle finding poems and rhymes- not that there aren't a lot out there; but I have been trying to stick to public domain.  The one for today took entirely to long to find.  It is part of the reason I didn't get to the drawing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news: (a short narrative taking a slight break from the A to Z thing)

I decided to open an Etsy shop.  Right now I just have a few things up- just stuff that I've created for the A to Z challenge.  So far it is just 3 prints that I have for sale.  I'll have original drawings up soon- I just decided that they would be better to sell framed.  Hopefully I'll have a healthier selection of artwork up in a month or so.  I'll be adding to it here and there.

FINALS ARE UPON US
well me anyway- I only have 1 week left of school and then Finals week. (dun dun dun!!!!) This semester is a little lighter; so that has helped- but there is still a TON to do.  >.>

OH and in regards to my BFA application.  I GOT IN.  I'm very excited.  I'll post more on that after finals.

until then- enjoy the A-Z insect poems :D

~Alicia

2 comments:

  1. Brand new follower here, dropping by from A to Z.

    Nice to meet you, Alicia!

    2015 A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Matthew MacNish from The QQQE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by! Nice to meet you as well :)

      Delete