Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A is for Ants



had a rough start to this challenge- I should be caught up by tomorrow, maybe tonight; depends on how late I stay up.

This year I'm doing small illustrations to go with rhymes.

I had a whole bunch of ants drawn out- one for each verse; but decided that it would be to time consuming to actually finish the sketches so just went with the first one.

NOW before you correct my lyrics- I learned this as 'the littlest on stops to eat a plumb' not 'suck her thumb' and as it was something from my childhood I decided to use the lyrics I learned instead of the main-stream version.

~Alicia

2 comments:

  1. I think this is lovely, both the art and your own version of the lyrics! What shall you use them for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I haven't decided what to do with the drawings yet. I'm mostly doing this to practice using markers and ink- something which I've never really done before.
    I'm thinking I'll expand the poems/drawings a little bit and see if I can publish a little book this summer, my husband suggested that I sell the original drawings- but I've never done anything like that before.
    Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete