Wednesday, April 12, 2017

K is for Kirby

So this isn't my best sketch ever, I had a hard time with the letter K so settled on a character my kids love.  Surprisingly it is very difficult to draw a circle freehand... and since Kirby's design is just a big circle... oh well my daughter will enjoy it.

I was also experimenting with some new markers I have, 'Spectrum Aqua' they are a water based marker, which is different from the alcohol based I'm used to.  I want to play with them a bit more on something less pink.  :D

If you don't know the games he is from, just google him he'll come up.  The one my kids play is Kirby Super Star and of course Smash Brothers.

well here it is:

~Alicia

8 comments:

  1. Thats so cute !!!
    I wrote about Kindness today for the challenge. Do stop by
    https://archanablogs.wordpress.com/2017/04/13/k-is-for-kindness/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely head over to your blog.

      Delete
  2. That's a really cute sketch and it looks like a pretty good circle to me! :P
    My A-Z theme is my Favourite Things and there's a bit of nostalgia today as K is for Kim Possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Kim Possible. Thanks for your compliment and for stopping by

      Delete
  3. I'm a big fan of Kirby - a character that seems to combine soft and power in a little unpredictable package. Like it! --- Paul on The Iron Pact

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a lot of fun, probably my favorite to play in smash brothers for those reasons :D

      Delete
  4. You are a much better artist than I am. You should see my freehand circles, they look more like lopsided pancakes. I admire your passion for color and art. Nothing in this world keeps its flavor without passion.

    ReplyDelete