Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I'm not dead!



So last week I was going to post my goals for the summer- and as I'm sure you can see- I haven't done that yet.  The reason is simply this: after finals I pretty much slept for two days and since then I've spend most of my time trying to find the floors in my house.  As some may be aware- we moved in a rather rushed way mid semester last October- and I haven't really had time to unpack the apartment.  SO it's just gotten incredibly messy over the last couple of months- living half out of boxes has taken its toll.  So I'm trying to get our apartment to feel like a home by this Saturday.

I just thought this illustration was pretty
and the post felt kinda empty without a picture

I've made a lot of progress- the kids room is pretty much organized and done (just need to find a place for all of the stuffed animals we have), the bedroom for my husband and I is now clean and organized and the Laundry Room/Kitchen is nearly clean (it is just full of laundry to wash- which I should have done by tomorrow afternoon) and the bathroom will be done after I scrub the shower this evening. The last 2 rooms are the hardest of the group; and the ones I've been avoiding the most- my office and the space we've been using as a workout room/living room.  The living room is literally a large pile of boxes going from the floor to the ceiling- and I'm dreading cleaning it out.  My office... really isn't to bad- but I don't know where anything goes right now- as soon as I get it organized I'll be able to start clearing out the living room...

Seriously- probably more info than I really need to share- but it helps me know I'm accomplishing things when I can see it written out.

Well I'm going to get back to work now- later this week or early next I'll post my goals for the summer and start making art again! I'm excited- I have a lot of cool things in mind to do over the next three and a half months; but right now house cleaning is taking priority (as it has to sometimes)

~Alicia

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your effort in your posts through the A to Z Challenge.

    I followed you through Feedly but I'll try to sign up so you can see me as a Google+ follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I had a lot of fun with it.
    Thank you for following as well :D

    ReplyDelete