Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Update on life, A to Z and other things.

Hello everyone!

I finished this piece during May, and never
got around to sharing it here;
so I figured now would be as good a time as any.

I haven't posted since May 1st apparently... May and June have been... oh my heavens, where to even start??

We've had just a lot going on- in addition to the water main repairs we've now discovered we have to do some very expensive electrical repairs.  Yay.  Those have been overwhelming enough on their own.  I don't know how these past 2 months have flown by.

Last week on the 15th I finally felt like everything was more or less sorted; and we could start moving forward.  So I began to establish my art schedule for the rest of the summer and get things in place so that I could be productive. 

Then last Wednesday happened; it doesn't feel like it was only a week ago.  My Father in Law had a sudden heart attack. The doctors were barely able to stabilize him- but were not able to wake him up. The short version of the story is after a lot of ups and downs and tears, my father in law passed away this past Saturday evening.  My poor husband and his brothers and sisters and of course their mother are absolutely heartbroken.  I've been doing whatever I can to help and support them as they deal with this.  The funeral is this Friday.  One of my Uncles-in-law set up a go fund me to help my Mother-in-Law with funeral costs and anything else she needs as she picks up the pieces of her life. It's linked on my facebook page if anyone would like to donate a few dollars. 

All of this has delayed me from getting much work done. Which is understandable I suppose; but I figured since I know there are a few people who check back here I should probably update. 

Next week I'm going to attempt to get into a better schedule.  I have a convention in Salt Lake City Utah that I'll have a booth at this September.  I only have 70 days to get ready for it.  There has been SO much that has delayed me from working on it this year.  I'm hoping that after the funeral life can go back to a slightly more normal pace.

Art updates:

(I don't intend to be insensitive sharing this AFTER talking about my Father in Law's death; as broken up as I ham about that; unfortunately life still moves forward and deadlines still exist.)

A to Z Steampunk Gods- this project is still on my list of things to finish, because of the amount of other things I'll be working on I'm planning on getting all of the sketches done and then picking my top 5 to finish as paintings for the September Con.  I still plan to finish it all out and do some sort of book- but that probably won't happen until Spring 2021.

Accomplished Women Project (I do need a better title for this one) has been in limbo for about a year now.  I plan on going over the art that I have done for it and adding a few more women (since the majority I've done are from STEM and Law, I want to add entrepreneurs, artists and others as well)  The collection will be with about 40 women total with their stories.  I'm going to be getting that together and the kick-starter for the book and coloring book SHOULD be July 15th, assuming I can get everything to a good point this next week and a half.  My goal is to have a few of these books/coloring books at the FanX booth in September; but we'll see- there are so many variables here.

Untitled D&D Project- I have more accomplished on this then I have shared on Social Media.  For those of you who do not know I'm working on both semi-modular terrain as well as large scale 3D models that you could use with any table top RPG system.  If you want to see some of the progress you can visit my instagram that I've set up specifically to share D&D and RPG type art.  (@that_dm_chick) for the booth my plan is to have 2 'dungeons'.  One with a Castle theme and one with a Forest theme. I also intend to have at least one of my large models (probably the Tavern) on display at the convention. 

That's the update.

Alicia

if you want to follow my art on facebook or instagram:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aliciaillustration/
Instagram: @aliciahawksart




No comments:

Post a Comment