Tuesday, March 5, 2019

has it been 2 years?

felt like I needed to add some art to this post, so here is a sketch

I guess it shouldn't surprise me; I know I've not done an art post in a long time.  But I didn't think it'd been since 2017.
There is so much going on in my life right now; that should be obvious from the lack of updates.  I thought today I'd do a brief post updating this with that is going on.

1) I'm going to do the A to Z challenge again this year.  I'm not 100% sure what my theme will be yet; something art related (obs lol)  I'll do a post March 18th to declare exactly what my theme will be this year.

2) I'm going to graduate from UvU this Spring!! which is great... only took 4 years longer than I initially planned... of course I've had 3 kids while in school so that's the reason it has taken so long lol.

3) I'm going to have a BFA show..... soon... I'm hoping to know in a week or 2 exactly when and where that'll be.

4) did I mention that I have 3 kids?? The youngest is 2.5 so I suppose I've probably talked about her before.  I did not think that the jump from 2 to 3 would be so life changing, but it has been.  The crazy thing?  I actually would love to have 1 or 2 more.

5) we're finally starting to seriously look at buying our first house! By the end of the summer we're hoping to be 100% moved in and settled.  Well at least we should have all of our stuff in our home.

6) I'm seriously starting my freelance business this year.  I've actually already completed a rather large commission; that's all I'm going to say about that for now- I'll have a longer post on that in April or May.

7) I'm going to be in a college sponsored trade show this month.  more on that later.

I'm sure there are other things going on.  This month I'm going to be dusting this thing off and using it more.  I want to move the blog away from blogspot eventually; but for now it is going to live here.  I'm building 2 websites; one for my portfolio and one for my freelance stuff.  Those should be finished by the 25th of March. By the end of this month I should have a good update schedule for my social media stuff.  I'm planning on doing the youtube channel again, but not until May; and not regularly until after we move.  I'm also going to start a Patreon or a Subscribe Star thing.  I'm still working out the details for that.

I think this year is going to be amazing.  It's already started out pretty good.

That's it for now!
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment